Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My favorite activity


I joined rock ‘n’ roll music clubs when I was in high school and college. I love to play in a band for several reasons.

First, there were many bands in the clubs I belonged to with only a few opportunities to perform, so competition was fierce as not every band could have the chance to be on stage. Still, I enjoyed the competitive atmosphere because it pushed us to reach our potential, and made us reach musical heights that we couldn’t have imagined we’re capable of. Because my band mates and I all had a strong ambition to be on top, we all made substantial progress under the stress of competition.

Second, I feel a great sense of satisfaction when achieving goals as a team. When I was in the senior high, my band had to continuously practice in order to take advantage of performance opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of working as a team, especially with best friends. I think the reason teamwork is so attractive to me is that we can coordinate our talents together to create something that I couldn’t have done alone. It is also satisfying for me to see my band mates’ progress as a result of my help and contributions. When someone in our band felt frustrated, the others would cheer him up. We supported each other in order to grow together. That’s a wonderful experience.

Moreover, it’s a rare opportunity for performers to be able to convey their own message on stage to an audience. Our group wished to share our passion for music and show how doing what you love can have a positive effect on others. I felt very satisfied to know that by doing what we love to do, we could inspire people to try their best to achieve their own goals. Playing in a band has truly been a favorite activity of mine.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, guys, I am Martin. I was so busy with my application process that I didn't have time to write a new article about working with creative people.......
    Therefore, I paste one of my articles which I wrote for my preparation of possible interview questions. I choose this one because I think it is the most "blog-like" article in my computer.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in bands is super-creative! I think this fits into the topic well, and now I'm curious: what did you play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrections:
    Make sure your verb tenses are consistent. It is very common to have more than one tense in a piece, but the way you switched from past into present a few times is a little confusing.
    Also, the very first sentence should have "a few" or "a number of" before rock and roll clubs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion. If you are not a student in the class, please bear in mind that this blog is a learning tool and comment accordingly.